Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta is committed to graduate medical education as a central component of its mission to improve the health of the public. Investing in graduate medical education assures that current residents and future generations of healthcare professionals are prepared for evolving healthcare needs in California and across the nation.
Our vision is to improve patient and community health outcomes while providing the highest quality care and containing costs. We do this through the use of evidence-based medical practices, research, and effective technology use.
- This three-year program offers a community hospital experience with university resources available 24/7.
- Exposure to different clinical practices and payer mixes.
- Dynamic and growing residency program with excellent graduate medical education support.
- We provide valuable patient exposure in successful stroke and cardiovascular centers.
- We’re a short drive from Southern California beaches, mountains and desert recreation.
To address a deep need in the region, our core focus is to graduate evidence-based family physicians with a focus on cultural humility. The curriculum provides an ideal balance between didactics and hands-on experience. Family medicine residents will be the sole learner on over 80% of rotations working directly with the supervising attending physician.
Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta is a 111-bed hospital. We provide medical services to Riverside County, a part of the Inland Empire. It serves the communities of Murrieta, Menifee, Temecula, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, and San Jacinto.
We believe research is the basis to providing quality care driven by evidence and patient outcomes. Our program has a team-based approach to research activities and quality improvement projects. Our resident physicians will also have the opportunity to participate in the didactic curriculum.