Visitor restrictions help us keep you, your loved ones and our employees as safe as possible during COVID-19. Below you’ll find current restrictions for our hospital.
To learn more about COVID-19, safety, testing and more, view the latest information and updates from Loma Linda University Health.
Based on the latest guidance from Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health, we will no longer be allowing visitors in our hospital. The following humanitarian guidelines apply:
- Humanitarian exception requests will be routed through clinical leadership. Only one visitor may be present at bedside. Conflicts may be escalated to the administrator on call or Chief of Staff.
- End of Life: one visitor will be allowed to be present with the patient.
- For patients with physical, intellectual, and/or developmental disabilities, or cognitive impairment, one support person will be allowed to be present with the patient when medically necessary.
Although the decision to limit visitors is difficult, the safety of our employees and patients remains our top priority. We will make every effort to connect patients with their family/caregiver virtually when possible.
Perinatal Visitor Restrictions
We continue to monitor prevalence of COVID-19 cases in our community and will implement a system to modify visitation based on prevalence and incidence of COVID-19 as well as the volume of positive patients admitted to our hospital. The following guidelines remain in place:
- Visitation is restricted to two designated parents/legal guardians for the duration of the admission.
- Only one parent is allowed at bedside at any given time.
- Maternity Services and NICU will continue to implement visitation guidelines based on the specific needs of these patient populations.
- Exceptions for compassionate visits will continue to be managed using the current process and according to the parameters that have already been established.
Patients and visitors will be screened at the entrances of our hospitals and clinics. Contact your primary care physician before coming in if you have symptoms, have traveled outside the US in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone diagnosed or quarantined for COVID-19.
We have a policy that all visitors, guests and vendors sign in as they enter the hospital. This policy helps us to ensure the safety of our patients, our staff and our visitors.