As a new program, we are excited and privileged to have the opportunity to serve our community. We have the flexibility to create a program that optimally serves resident educational needs while providing exceptional medical care and improving access to care in the region.
Our program trains residents to improve patient and community health outcomes while providing the highest quality care possible. To accomplish this, we incorporate evidence-based medical practices, high-value care initiatives, and research focused on quality care and patient safety.
- Our three-year program offers a community hospital experience with university resources available 24/7.
- You are supervised by the same practicing attending during your entire residency continuity clinic experience, offering more personalized guidance.
- You have your own panel of patients and learn important aspects of outpatient care, such as billing, coding, and how to run a successful practice.
- As one of six residents, you receive all the benefits of a 1:1 faculty-to-resident ratio.
- You receive valuable patient exposure in state-of-the-art stroke and cardiovascular centers.