Do you participate in the Match?
Yes, we participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). In order to apply for our residency program, you must register with NRMP. We do not accept applicants outside of the Match.
Where do I apply for the program?
You can apply using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
What are the application criteria?
To apply, please be ready to provide the following:
- Photograph (optional, but helpful).
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE). Medical school transcript.
- Written personal statement.
- Three letters of recommendation. At least one should be from a member of the department of internal medicine of your school, an affiliated hospital, or an elective course. These must be current letters written in the last 18 months.
- Preference for United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), but COMLEX accepted as well.
- The USMLE Step 1 exam will be graded as pass/fail as of January 26, 2022.
- Proof of passing USMLE Step I and II (CS and CK) or COMLEX I and II (CS and CK) by the time we submit our rank order list (generally early February).
- Proof of provisional training license (PTL) in California. Proof that you completed medical school within the last three years.
How are applications reviewed?
We review every application on an individual basis. Interviews are granted upon approval by our selection committee.
What are we looking for in residents?
We accept six residents per year. We are looking for applicants with a strong academic background and a commitment to internal medicine. Good interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic are equally important. Consummate professionalism is expected, and we look for applicants who will be outstanding team players. We expect the highest level of decorum and collegiality in all interactions.
Where do residents do hospital rotations and outpatient clinical rotations?
Our hospital rotations are primarily held at Loma Linda Medical Center – Murrieta. The internal medicine continuity clinic for our residents is Tri-Valley Medical Group, which is located in our building.
What is the Salary?
Current / 2022 Resident Salary
- PGY1 $64,001.60
- PGY2 $65,998.40
- PGY3 $67,995.20