Uterine fibroids can be painful and disruptive to your daily life. Our expert Interventional Radiologists offer Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE), a safe, non-surgical procedure that can help minimize your symptoms and get back to your active life.
Why Choose Us for Uterine Fibroid Care
- Uterine fibroids are muscular tumors that grow into the wall of the uterus. They range from the size of a pea to the size of a softball or grapefruit. More than 99 percent of uterine fibroids are non-cancerous; however, they can be painful.
- We provide our patients with Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE), a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment option that keeps the uterus preserved.
- A small catheter is used to tap into the fibroid’s blood supply and releases small particles to cut off the fibroid’s supply. The result is the fibroid softening and shrinking back into the uterus lining.
- UFE results in a reduction in pain and blood loss, as well as a shorter recover time. Our patients typically return to normal activities within a week.
- Uterine fibroids most commonly affect women in their 40s and early 50s.
Uterine Fibroid Emolization Symptoms
- Heavy and prolonged periods, sometimes with clots
- Frequent urination
- Full feeling in the lower stomach/pelvic area
- Lower back pain