Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta provides comprehensive orthopedic care for our patients experiencing pain and other difficulties with their hips, knees, shoulders, hands, wrists, feet, and/or ankles. Our team of orthopedic specialists is committed to helping you find the treatment path that best fits your unique needs, whether that path is physical therapy, orthopedic surgery, or total joint replacement.
We’ll be with you every step of the way, from your initial evaluation, through your personalized therapeutic care, and even after your treatment, ensuring post-hospital care arrangements and helping you get the community resources you need in order to thrive.
Total Joint Replacement
The total joint replacement program at Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta utilizes the most advanced, surgical and non-surgical techniques, to eliminate or relieve your knee, shoulder, and hip pain.
Our orthopedic surgeons partner with a highly trained multi-disciplinary team of orthopedic nurses, physical/occupational therapists and educators. Our dedicated nurse navigator provides educational support and resources for patients, to help them understand what to expect prior, during, and after surgery, and the overall recovery process.
At Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta, our entire team is committed to helping you return to your active lifestyle. Our joint replacement workshops are one of the many resources available to ensure our patients receive the highest quality of care.
We specialize in treating the following areas:
- Hip and knee
- Hand and wrist
- Foot and ankle
Is Orthopedic Surgery Right For You?
Before total joint replacement surgery is considered, our orthopedic team will typically explore conservative, non-surgical treatments to preserve your natural shoulder, hip and knee. If these options do not remedy your condition, the team will re-evaluate you and provide an in-depth discussion to determine the next best option.
An important part of our goal is ensuring you and your family are supported and knowledgeable about your condition and treatment options.
If you are planning to have joint replacement surgery, we encourage you to attend our Total Joint Replacement Workshop to learn more about joint replacement, and to have your questions answered by our Orthopedic team.
- Complete medical and therapeutic care personalized for your unique needs to enhance your recovery.
- Individualized pre-joint replacement evaluation/treatment by a physical therapist billable through insurance or cash basis.
- A nurse navigator who works with your family and clinical team to coordinate your care before, during and after surgery.
- Physical therapy to enhance your mobility and increase your strength.
- Occupational therapy to help with your daily living activities.
- Case manager to ensure you have all equipment and post-hospital care arranged.
- Social worker to link you with community resources as needed.